Welcome to the College & Career Center!
Room 121, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Edison High School’s College & Career Center provides a personalized college and career guidance program for each student at Edison! Students and parents engage in college and career guidance activities starting in the 9th grade and begin working more closely with their guidance specialist and the College/Career Specialist in the 11th grade to make well-informed plans for the students' post high school years. Whether that be going straight to the workforce, taking a gap year, or attending a community college, four year university, or trade school we want all students to have a diploma and a plan!
We are looking forward to helping you as you begin and go through your career/college selection and admissions journey. Our goal is to make this process manageable and understandable for you and your family. Remember to meet with your counselor frequently and don’t forget to visit the College & Career Center in Room 121 (English hallway)!
I AM A SENIOR, WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING?
- Check with colleges by calling, emailing, or on their website, to make sure that your application has been completed and all required documents were received
- Continue applying for SCHOLARSHIPS (Attached is a PDF with tons of scholarships you can apply to)
- Complete all financial aid forms (think: FAFSA) due by March 2, 2019
- Sign-up for OCC Senior Day by Friday, March 1st (Pick-up a permission slip in the Career/College Center)
I AM A JUNIOR, WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING?
- Start your college research and build your college list. This list should include at least 2-3 "MATCH" schools, 3-4 "LIKELY" schools and can include 2-3 "REACH" schools
- Decide if you will take the SAT or ACT and what type of preparation is right for you
- Register for the March SAT and/or April ACT
- Make an appointment with Ms. Hamilton to discuss your college options