Academic Booster Club
To provide resource for students, parents and teachers to enrich the academic development of all Edison High School students.
We encourage all families with students attending Edison High School, faculty, and our community to become members.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Become a Member
- Volunteer in the student store
- Help with student programs
- Serve on a committee
FUNDING SOURCES FOR ABC
- Student store
- Annual membership dues ($15 individual/$25 family)
- Special events
ACADEMIC BOOSTER CLUB CONTRIBUTIONS
- $4,000 in scholarships awarded to Seniors
- Charger Connections
- Motivational assembly speaker
- College and Career center reference materials
- Storage Cupboards
- Membership for National Honors Society, Debate Team and Science Olympiad Team
CLUB AND GROUP SUPPORT
- Senior class luncheon
- Character awards
- PE weight room equipment
- Science tables
- English books, Library books
- Foreign language media support
- Fine arts kiln
- Photo equipment
- Electronic equipment, Copy machine, Printers
- Student computer center
- Laser disk for ESL
- Karaoke equipment for SAC
- Whiteboards for two math classes
- Water bottle filling station
- Tanks for Innovation Lab
- ST Math for SAC
ABC offers senior scholarship to anyone graduating in 2023. An application and ABC Membership are required. A maximum of 20 applicants will be awarded ABC scholarships. Applications will be available 2nd semester. Check back in February for more details.
ACADEMIC PINS AND LETTERS
An Academic Letter is awarded to students achieving a 4.0 unweighted GPA (straight A's) in three semesters at Edison High School. An Academic Pin is awarded to students achieving a 4.0 unweighted GPA(straight A's) in each semester subsequent to receiving his/her Academic Letter. The Academic Booster Club sponsors this event each year.
Teachers choose up to 6 students to recognize for academic achievements.
HOW TO REQUEST FUNDS
Complete an Academic Booster Club request form which is available in the administration building. Turn completed forms into the Edison receptionist to place in the ABC mailbox. Requests are presented at ABC Executive Board meetings for approval. Requests in excess of $250 are also presented for approval by the ABC general membership ABC meeting.