What is PTSA?
PTSA stands for Parent, Teacher and Student Association and is the largest volunteer organization in the state dedicated to improving the well-being of children and youth
Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that the parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
How Does PTSA Support Edison High School?
- Presents valuable parent education programs including seminars on college planning, speakers from the ROP (Regional Occupational Program), speakers from local Community Colleges, SAT and ACT Prep and more.
- Through our Parent Partnership group, educates and supports parents dealing with teen issues such as bullying, cyber bullying, anxiety, depression, substance abuse and more. This group also collaborates with faculty and administrative staff to develop and implement solutions to problems facing Edison students.
- Administers the Reflections Art Program which this year has an exciting new division for our Special Abilities Cluster!
- Advocates on your behalf in Sacramento regarding issues pertaining to education funding and other issues facing our children and youth.
- With the Academic Booster Club and Edison High School Foundation, provides student planners to the entire student body.
- Awards ten graduating senior scholarships to our senior student members.
- Facilitates applications for continuing education scholarships for credentialed classroom teachers and counselors, school nurses and PTA Volunteers.
- Through Constant Contact, keeps parents informed of what is happening at Edison and in education in the state of California.
- Funded the purchase of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) for permanent use in the EHS gym.
- Funded the purchase of ipads for use in the Special Abilities Cluster
- Buys books for the library.
DOWNLOAD Membership form here
How Can I support Edison PTSA?
Become a member. Make a donation to the general fund or scholarship fund. Attend one of our five association meetings. Chair a committee. Volunteer on a committee. Attend parent education programs. Study the initiatives on the November Ballot. Become an informed voter.
All families with students attending Edison, all Edison students, Edison faculty and staff and community members are invited to join. Membership is just $10.00 per member. Simply download and complete the form below and drop by the office the next time you are at Edison.
Your Edison High PTSA Executive Board
|Stephanie Klauss||Executive Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rachelle Singer||1st Vice President Programsemail@example.com|
|Monica Jagiello||2nd Vice President Membershipfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elaine Bonner||3rd Vice President Ways & Meansemail@example.com|
|Shawn Macha||Reflections Art Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lori DiSilva||Hospitality Chairemail@example.com|
|Shari Kowalke||Advocacy Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diane Taylor||Library Chairemail@example.com|
|Shari Kowalke||Communications Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stephanie Klauss||Bolt of Appreciationemail@example.com|
|Stephanie Klauss||Honorary Service Awardsfirstname.lastname@example.org|