Friday, April 27, 2017
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: Prom 2017 “Moonlight on the Water” are on sale now. They are $80 per person with ASB, $85 per person w/o ASB. Prom permission slips are available in the Activities Office and Mr. Strachan’s room 101.
- Best Buddies will be placing donation boxes in all 2nd period class. Donations will be used to help put on Best Buddies Prom next year. The boxes will be picked up next Wednesday and the winner will receive a donut party.
- Congratulations to the Edison Swim Team for defeating Marina on Tuesday in a clean sweep. All levels of both boys and girls swim teams won in their last dual meet of the season! Shout out to Lauren Hanscom and Max Vandermuellen who won both of their individual events for open. Lindsay Powley and Cameron Davidson who won both of their individual events for JV and Jonny Bramm who also had double victories on Varsity. Next week the swim team will compete at Golden West College for Sunset League Prelims and Finals. Good luck Chargers!
- Students, summer is quickly approaching and with it are lots of opportunities for you to earn money or expand your knowledge. Stop by the Career Center to look at some exciting summer programs begin offered in the medical field, engineering, and more. Plus, check out the new jobs on the job board.
- Congratulations to the JV and Varsity Girls Beach Volleyball teams for winning their playoff games yesterday vs. CDM and Newport Harbor. Good luck next week girls!
- Chargers! Are you interested in photography and journalism? Do you like to be involved in literally everything that goes on at Edison? Or are you just really into correcting bad grammar and writing? Then you might be a great fit for the YEARBOOK STAFF! If you’re interested, swing by the Activities office and pick up an application. Any questions? Check in with Mr. Lam in room 233A
- Get community service hours and participate in Community Service Day tomorrow, Saturday, April 29th. To find what projects you can sign up for, see the posters around the school for more information.
- The Bolt of Appreciation applications due date has been extended until today. All Bolts must be in no later than 3:00pm.
- The Edison Dodgeball Tournament is May 15th-19th. Team Applications are in the Activities Office. All players must have a permission slip and HBUHSD waiver form. Sign up soon, spots are limited.
- The Edison Dance Team will be having their Spring Showcase 2017 on Sunday, May 7th, in the Edison Gym at 6:30pm. Tickets are $5 for students, $7 for pre-sale general admission and $8 general admission at the door. See our talented dance team in their Spring production.
- Charger Job Opportunity! The cafeteria is recruiting Freshman and Sophomore students ready and willing to work for the 2017-2018 school year. Some may start with training this year a few times a week. We pay minimum wage and you NEVER have to leave campus! See the cafeteria manager to fill out an application. See you soon…
- Students interested in being on the City of Huntington Beach Youth Board are invited to pick up an application in the Activities Office. This Youth Board advises the Huntington Beach City Council on youth achievements and needs. Applications will be accepted until May 12th.
- Hey Chargers! Our 1st ever Fire Truck Ladder Ping Pong Drop is going off May 3rd, just before the 1st Responder Baseball Game! The proceeds support the start-up efforts of our Resolution Run. The ball closest to the mark wins $500. 1 ball for $5 or $5 for $20. Get your sign-up sheet online, in the front office or from an ASB member. Do it for your school, do it for yourself!
- This year, Edison PTSA will offer 10, $250 scholarships for 2017 Edison High School graduates who plan on attending a vocational, community or a 4-year college/university. Scholarship applications are available under the Senior Info on the Edison web site and are due by May 5th. Winners are recognized during the Senior Awards Ceremony in June