Monday, October 16, 2017
- Are you of Hispanic heritage and want to learn more about college? We would love for you to join EHS students and staff as we attend Golden West College’s Chicano/Latino College Day on November 3rd from 8:00am-2:30pm. Come hear great guest speakers, learn about the application process, financial aid, and hear about the many incredible programs and services GWC has to offer. Lunch and transportation will be provided. Please see Mrs. Quay in the College and Career Center for your permission slip. Sign up by October 26th.
- Come support Girls Tennis by eating at Chipotle on Brookhurst on Wednesday, October 18th between 4:30-8:30pm. Bring a flyer, show it on your phone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause and 50% of the proceeds will be donated.
- Chargers! Visit Boardwalk Burgers on Beach and Atlanta from 1-8pm on Tuesdays, mention the Res Run and 20% of your purchase goes to help put on our most awesome Edison Community Run! Remember- TASTY TUESDAY at Boardwalk for Res Run.
- Want a chance to win a free Chromebook? If so, you are invited to write a short essay (200-500 words) about a classified staff member who has made a difference in your life. Is there a yellow jacket, a secretary, a maintenance person, a cafeteria worker who has made a difference in your life? Stop by the Activities office for more information and a flyer. Deadline for essay submission is October 27th.
- Hi Underclassman! Did you miss registration or enroll here late? Or did you just miss taking your picture with Lifetouch? If so, don’t get left out of the yearbook! Swing by Mr. Lam’s class during tutorial in 233A to be photographed.
- Come out to support Edison Choir on Wednesday, October 18th at Azteca Mexican Food from 3-8p.m. Present a flyer to your server or when you order take out and 20% of the proceeds will be donated to EHS Choir.
- Boys basketball tryouts for any boy not in a fall sport will be on Thursday and Friday, October 19th and 20th from 3-4:30pm in the gym. You must have basketball shoes and basketball shorts to tryout. Any questions, please see Coach Boyce.
- Staff Postering Days are tomorrow and Wednesday after school. Students, talk to your 1st period teachers because whichever teacher makes the best poster will win a free donut party for their 1st period class! Let you teachers know how much you want those donuts, and good luck!
- Show your team spirit by coming out to Chipotle on Yorktown on Thursday, October 19th from, 3:00-7:00 and 50% of the proceeds will go to the EHS Boys Basketball team.
- Attention seniors! Edison Yearbook is calling, and we have news for you. To submit your senior quotes for this year’s yearbook there is a google form waiting for you to fill in. The link is on our Instagram page @edison_yearbook2018, and the link will be on the Edison Website to all seniors in the coming days. So, be on the lookout for that email to submit your senior quotes and accomplishments. Don’t forget to submit one; they can be a way for you and your classmates to remember the mark you left on the campus. The deadline for submissions is November 14th, so hop to it Seniors and start brainstorming what you want to say in your senior quote. Instructions for submissions are on the google form; please talk to Mrs. O’Conner in room 106A if you have any questions.
- Do you like to work on computers? Do you need to add a class? If so, see your guidance specialist about aiding for our school’s network technician
- The Math Tutoring Center offers free tutoring and help on your homework every Tuesday and Thursday, after school, in room 220.
- The Resolution Run 5k race will take place on December 10th here at Edison High School. This is a great way to earn money for your club or team! Register today while early bird prices are in effect, list your club or sport and $5 bucks goes back to your group! Get your friends and family to walk or run! Find the Resolution Run link at edisonchargers.com – and we’ll see you at the RACES! Also, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat at hbresun
September 7, 2017