Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Chargers! Youth in Government Day is coming up on Thursday, April 6th. If you are interested in participating, pick up your application from the Activities Office. Don’t wait, the deadline to turn in your application to the Activities Office is this Friday, March 24th by 3pm.
- Congratulations to the Edison Concert Band for receiving unanimous Superior ratings at the Southern California Band & Orchestra Association festival last weekend. And congratulations to our Edison Drumline for their 2nd place finish last weekend at the American Drum Line Assoc. Competition. Bravo!
- Congratulations to Varsity, JV and Open Boys and Girls swim teams, who all defeated Fountain Valley yesterday. Come out next Tuesday and cheer on your Chargers at their first home meet of the season against Huntington Beach. This will be a special “pink” meet as the swim team supports NEGU and the Jesse Rees Foundation. Put on your pink and see you on the pool deck!
- Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Volleyball team for their comeback victory over the Santa Margarita Eagles. After dropping the first two sets, the Chargers came storming back to win the next three games to take the match. Also, congratulations to the Frosh/Soph. Boys Volleyball team for their straight sets victory. Come check out their next match tonight in the league opener at Huntington Beach HS.
- The Girls Lacrosse team meeting has been changed to Friday, March 31st in room 248 at student lunch. Come and learn about this sport that is increasing in popularity. No previous experience necessary. See Mrs. Clark in room 248 for any questions or if interested.
- We still have 2 weeks left in our Pennies for Patients money drive. Please donate to your 2nd period today and win Olive Garden for your class!
- Hey Chargers! Our Spring Time Blood Drive is coming up in a little over 2 weeks, on Thursday, April 6th. Be sure to sign up with an ASB member or up in the Activities office. Donate a pint and save two lives!
- Students interested in applying for the Golden Key nomination in the area of Community Service, should stop by the Activities Office for an application form. Deadline for applying is Friday, March 31st.
- This Saturday, March 25th and Sunday, March 26th Catalyst Prep will be holding a SAT/ACT boot camp on campus in room 102 from 9:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to get help in preparing for the Spring college testings.
- Grad Night 2017 is June 15th from 11:pm to 5:00 am at Dave and Busters in Irvine. Seniors, we have so many fun things planned for you at Grad Night this year. Unlimited games, unlimited food, including breakfast starting at 3a.m, an unlimited chocolate fountain dessert bar and unlimited drinks. Plus, a DJ, dancing, a hypnotist, Casino room, billiard’s room, photo booth, puppy petting, selfie stations, raffle prizes, a Senior give away and much more! Payments can be made at the outside Finance window. Please see the Edison web site Grad Night tab for permission slips and more information!
- Now is the time to nominate this year’s PTSA’s Honorary Service Award. The award will be presented and an event on Monday, May 8th. The nomination deadline has been extended to this Friday, March 24th.
- Make sure to come out to the Chargers Baseball game at Angels Stadium vs. the Huntington Beach Oilers tonight at 6pm
- Hey Chargers! Wanna win 500 bucks? (yes, you heard correctly, 500 bucks!). Then find your nearest ASB member and purchase a spot in the EHS Ping Pong Ball Drop! The Ball Drop will take place at a baseball game in May, and you can purchase 1 ball for $5.00 or 5 balls for $20. Don’t miss out on a chance to get some moolah and benefit the Resolution Run!